Attribute Rules - Using fields from a different feature class?

02-02-2022 03:28 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, I am new to using the attribute rules for calculating field values. I am wondering if it is possible to provide a rule that compares the value in a field to the unique values in a field from a different feature class. I am trying to provide filter of the unique street names taken from a street feature class as the drop down option for a street field in a sidewalks feature class. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

You may try and use Join or Relate to do this. You will need to ensure that the Field types are an exact match for the Join and Relate to work. Refer Introduction to joins and relates

~Shan
HalaAbdelmaksoud
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User, Could you please describe how you want to compare between these values? Do you want to check if the street names in sidewalk feature class are in the unique values of the street names in street feature class ? 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was able to solve this problem by using an arcade expression and using the FeatureSetByName() and Buffer()  arcade functions to point at the street feature class and access the fields that I was looking for to populate a corresponding field in the sidewalks feature class. Thank you to all those who helped.

0 Kudos