ArcPro Navigate in the Layout

08-20-2019 02:43 PM
JillPlescher
New Contributor III

Is there a way to navigate the extent in the layout view of ArcPro (as in ArcMap) ?  I know you can use a bookmark, or go back to the map view and move the extent. I'm asking if there is a way to directly change the extent in the layout?  Or in the layout, change the scale (as in ArcMap)?  Both types of tools, made it easy to get the exact extent of the layout in ArcMap.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JillPlescher
New Contributor III

Too bad I can't delete my question, but it is possible to navigate directly in the layout and change the scale.  I'm not sure how I made it work finally.  I hope I can stumble on the method next time.  

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jill, 

Yes, there are many ways you can change the map extent for a map frame (on a layout page) provided there is not a constraint set on the map frame. 

Please refer to this help topic for information Work with a map on a layout—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop. For more information on map frame constraints see Map frame constraints—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop. You can also use Keyboard short cuts when the map frame is active - Keyboard shortcuts for working on the layout—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop (see the note at the end of the help topic).

Hope this helps, 

Tom