Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPro Memory leak

09-20-2018 12:05 PM
MikeKlassen
Occasional Contributor

Updated to the latest patch for 2.2.2 - I'm having a new issue. The application is fine for a few seconds, but as soon as I start to pan around it begins drastically using my RAM and Network. Not sure what the issue is. We are a county - some data is stored on various servers, and some is in a database running SQL 2008. I turned off caching for all layers already because it was an issue a few weeks ago. ArcMap does not have the same issue with the same data. Any help is much appreciated.

*Disclaimer: Please don't suggest system requirements, I'm on a machine that is well above them.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Notable Contributor

One potential issue is that SQL Server 2008 is NOT supported with Pro 2.2.x: Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS Pro 2.2—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

What was the previous version before the patch?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
MikeKlassen
Occasional Contributor

Could likely be the issue, it hasn't caused any others in our organization significant issues. We have a centralized sde. We will be upgrading in the next month and will be for the most part in the cloud with a editing environment locally. I will try to use only feature services and see if the application does the same thing. Came from version 2.2

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

With a SQL 2014 (ENT), SDE 10.6.1 DB, I can zoom and pan a feature class for 10 minutes, and see memory go from 9.6 to 9.8 GB, which in a 64 GB system, is not even noticeable. I have, however, after a very intense day of editing and not having Pro crash once (rare), same project, been able to get Pro to consume, and not release, over 20 GB of RAM. What type of geometry are you zooming and panning? Geography? Geometry? SDE binary? What type of spatial indexes? Inefficient Spatial indexes (the default ones when you create a new FC, BTW, are inefficient) will cause more of a display performance hit in Pro versus Arc, IMHO. 

0 Kudos