ArcPro 3.0 Merge Bug?

Jump to solution
10-13-2022 02:36 PM
Labels (2)
LaurenMcKinney
New Contributor II

Has anyone noticed that the merge tool in Arc 3.0.2 doesn't work exactly right?

Merge is supposed to combine the attributes of all datasets being merged, but when I tested it today, I noticed that the merge tool only included attributes from one of the datasets. The only way to fix this was to click the "reset" button in the Field Maps section!

Has anyone else experienced this? 

Thanks all!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinSaavedra
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren, 

This is a known issue when adding Input Datasets one at a time and is currently being tracked here  (click 'subscribe' to receive further updates on the issue).

Clicking the reset button to load all the input fields into the Field Map control is a current workaround, as you describe.

As an alternative, you can use the Add Many button to load data from the map and all the fields from the input data sets will be visible.

2022-10-13_16-15-34.png

As an additional alternative, you can browse to the input dataset locations using the folder browse button and multiselect the input datasets.Snag_119e2450.png

2022-10-13_16-23-42.png

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have this in our product plan and will hopefully address it in 3.1.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have replicated your observation.  Either this is a bug, or "reset" should be named "Update"

reported already I think

BUG-000151617: In ArcGIS Pro, the Field Map parameter in the Merge .. (esri.com)

BUG-000144895: The ArcGIS Pro 2.9 Merge tool fails to add the attri.. (esri.com)

... sort of retired...
LaurenMcKinney
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan! I will check out those links.

0 Kudos
KevinSaavedra
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren, 

This is a known issue when adding Input Datasets one at a time and is currently being tracked here  (click 'subscribe' to receive further updates on the issue).

Clicking the reset button to load all the input fields into the Field Map control is a current workaround, as you describe.

As an alternative, you can use the Add Many button to load data from the map and all the fields from the input data sets will be visible.

2022-10-13_16-15-34.png

As an additional alternative, you can browse to the input dataset locations using the folder browse button and multiselect the input datasets.Snag_119e2450.png

2022-10-13_16-23-42.png

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have this in our product plan and will hopefully address it in 3.1.

LaurenMcKinney
New Contributor II

Thanks Kevin! That is really helpful. Good luck and thanks for the reply 🙂

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Your link is 404

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KevinSaavedra
Esri Contributor

Thanks, the link is back up.

0 Kudos
kimjiyooKim
New Contributor

I still have the same problem when I merge 2 feature layers after clicking the reset button. 

Any other solution for this merge bug? 

0 Kudos
KevinSaavedra
Esri Contributor

Hi @kimjiyooKim

Sorry to hear that. If neither the reset button or multiselect workarounds are working for you, this could be some other unknown bug. If you wish, you could share your project or input data with me at ksaavedra@esri.com. Or if you would prefer a more thorough review and tracking of your issue, you may want to contact tech support.

Kevin

0 Kudos
SkylarRife
New Contributor

This was a HUGE help, thank you for sharing!

0 Kudos