Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPro 3.0 loading project forever

07-01-2022 01:41 AM
Labels (1)
ArminSchommarz
New Contributor

Good morning, I updated to ArcPro 3.0 and one of my projects keeps on loading but never opens the project. All my previous projects created in ArcPro 2.9 had no problem loading in ArcPro 3.0, except for one of them.

Any advice for working around it? 

ArminSchommarz_0-1656664856943.png

This is where it gets stuck each time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do you have another machine that has Pro 2.9 where you can open this project?  If so, then maybe see if there is data that is unique to this problematic project that might be causing the problem.  If that is the case you can try adding the data to a new Pro 2.9 project and saving it and then try opening the new project in Pro 3.0.  This would be a way to determine if its a data based issue with the upgrade.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There's a similar Esri Community thread about projects not loading either.  In that case, the resolution was to update the Microsoft Access Database driver.  Once this was completed, projects loaded normally.

Resolution to update driver is as follows:

1. The problem arose because the machine's Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 64-bit package was not installed.
2. Went to the File Explorer and browsed to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to see if the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 64-bit was installed on the computer or not in order to validate the problem.
3. Since the driver was not yet installed on the computer, continued by clicking this link to download and install the driver (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920 ). Then, chose to download and install the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 64-bit instead of the 32-bit.
4. Restarted the computer after the driver installation went well to ensure appropriate application of the driver.