ArcPro 3.0 did not fix scheduled tools

06-28-2022 01:33 PM
Michael_VanHatten
New Contributor III

I am wondering if anyone has been able to get the Tool Scheduler to work with Pro 3.0. There has been a bug ( BUG-000131693.) that has been keeping 2.9.xx from running scheduled tools. It was claimed by an ESRi employee here https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-questions/scheduled-modelbuilder-task-fails-on-select-layer... that the issue would be fixed with the 3.o update. I have been waiting weeks for the update, just to find out that I now get a new error message and the scheduled tools do not work. They run without any errors when I manually run them but that is not the workflow I want to use. ESRI claims they were addressing the issue, can anyone confirm that the schedule tools function is working? I am running some very simple model builder tools, nothing fancy, select by attributes and recalculate attributes. No crazy complex analysis, is it just me thinking every time new version come out more problems come up with promises of fixes at the next version?

24 Replies
JonathanWhite1
New Contributor III

I'm getting the same issues with a similar workflow. Works fine if I run them manually. It appears that Model builder is forgetting file paths and ignoring parameters when set as a scheduled tool. This was the issue in previous versions of pro and still is the issue in 3.0. I have discussed the issue with tech support in great detail and the solution was to wait till 3.0. It doesn't appear to have been resolved. It was working for a bit after 3.0 release but then decided to forget file paths again. Set the file paths as parameters and it worked for a bit but then decided to revert back to forgetting file paths. Been struggling with this problem for well over a year. 

JonathanWhite1
New Contributor III

Try deleting the schedule and then saving the model then schedule the model again. 

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@JonathanWhite1 @XiaoXiao2 @Michael_VanHatten  After I updated Pro from 2.8 to 3 about two months ago, I am having this exact same issue as well...  All 15 of my scheduled models now fail every time.  Pretty maddening.

XiaoXiao2
Esri Contributor

I totally understand that you are having issue with schedule tool. Can you post the issue to esri tech support? Or can you provide me with the repro case with detailed steps?

0 Kudos
ArmstKP

@XiaoXiao2 I am able to run any model manually, after the update to 3.0.  But, any models created in 2.8 that are scheduled will no longer succeed.  Even if I create a new model in 3.0 and schedule it, it will not succeed either.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP

@XiaoXiao2 I updated Pro to 3.1 today and I still can't run any scheduled models that I had created in 2.8 OR any model I create and schedule in 3.1........

0 Kudos
XiaoXiao2
Esri Contributor

I see what you mean. Could you please contact esri technical support  at 1 (888) 377-4575, so that they can investigate the issue first for you. Thank you

0 Kudos
ArmstKP

@XiaoXiao2 Tech support gave me this info, when upgrading from 2.x to 3.x

ArmstKP_0-1678379673106.png

0 Kudos
XiaoXiao2
Esri Contributor

I have created a model in Pro 2.8, and it works fine with scheduling in Pro 3.1 and Pro 3.2. It might be an issue specific with your model. Please double check that your project is saved before performing scheduling ( if the project is not saved, there should be a warning when you select scheduling). 

Since the issue may be specific, please let tech support to triage your model and they would figure out the issue. Thank you

0 Kudos
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

I am also having similar issues. I have a model tool (combination of different tools and scripts that I combined in a single ModelBuilder tool) that runs great when ran manually, but every time I run in as a scheduled task or in the "History" panel, I get a bunch of Errors: 000725, 000258 & 000670 (which should not be the case as I have a precondition to delete all feature classes in my workspace before running the parts where I produce the new updated data).

I tried separating deleting the feature classes as a separate tool that runs before running the data update tool but it did not help also. Pretty frustrating to troubleshoot.