Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Version

11-29-2023 07:21 AM
JeffHanson2
New Contributor III

We are migrating to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 in January.    What version of ArcGIS Pro should we install?   This will be our first use of ArcGIS Pro in a production environment.

8 Replies
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

Hey Jeff,

I use the newest version of ArcGIS Pro for my environment, of course it's 11.1 so slightly different, but I haven't experienced any issues so far with the interaction. As long as a license manager is setup and proper communication can be made from your network to the manager, you'll be set.

If you have any questions, I'll try to help out!

JeffHanson2
New Contributor III

Thank you.   We had 3.0 in dev, then 3.1 and 3.2 is now out.   We think we are going to 3.2.

0 Kudos
CodyPatterson
Regular Contributor

No problem! I've had no problems personally and the team I work with has experienced very few past a few bugs that were fixed seemingly very quickly.

Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

If you use Parcel Fabric the versions of Pro and Enterprise are tied together. Otherwise, it doesn't matter. We are not using Fabric yet and we use Pro 3.1 and 3.2 and Enterprise 10.9.1 right now.

Why would you not go to version 11.2 now?

0 Kudos
JeffHanson2
New Contributor III

We are trying to get to 10.9.1 Enterprise so we can transition from ArcGIS Desktop to ArcGIS Pro.   After that and a lot of test we will go to Enterprise 11.1.    Right now, we are having problems with ESRI getting the migration from Enterprise 10.8.1 to 10.9.1 right - long story and ESRI has an update bug.

0 Kudos
Brian_Wilson
Regular Contributor II

This is the history of every upgrade for me. Always some weird problem that "no one has ever seen before". I had a conversation with someone who consults for Esri and says he's done 100's of upgrades with no problems. I am sure it's better when you know the answers to the ambiguous upgrader script questions in advance? I always do the upgrades off hours and that means there is never a support tech available to me.

At 10.8 every web app builder app stopped working and Esri was unable to help. While waiting for an answer ("we've never seen this before") we migrated all apps to the WAB Developer Edition to avoid any repeats of that in future upgrades.

At 10.9, one of the components (Data Store) never installed correctly and now I have to fix it before I can go to 11. (It functions but runs under the wrong ownership.) Spent hours with techs and they were not able to fix it so I gave up.

MOST of the time, Esri support is great. Sometimes? Useless. I guess human beings work there.

We have users who will be on  ArcMap until it actually stops running. I am sure everyone does.

MichelleCasey2
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
Eugene_Adkins
Occasional Contributor III

We currently use 10.9.1 and I have found Pro 3.1.1 to be generally bug/headache free. I tried 3.2.0 but there are issues with basic functionality that make it unusable for us.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos