Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Templates

02-27-2018 10:58 AM
JennieCatalano1
New Contributor III

Hello. I created a blank template with connection to my agency's sde gdb.  The template opens in ArcGIS Pro Basic, the db connection is there, and I'm able to see and add feature from it to my map.  However, opening the same template using ArcGIS Pro Advanced doesn't allow me to open the db connection at all.  Do I have to create two templates - one for Advanced users and one for Basic?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Is this on the same machine (just changing the license level)? If not, there might be differences in the installed software on both machines, like for instance the 64 bits Oracle client if your sde is pointing to an Oracle EGDB.

0 Kudos
JennieCatalano1
New Contributor III

Yes. Same machine, just changing licensing level. Odd.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Jennie - the license level doesn't have anything to do with creating projects from templates.  Just to check for a bug, I added an SDE database (but SQL not Oracle) to a blank project, saved it as a project template, and was able to create a project from that template using a Pro Advanced license.  

So there could be something specific to Oracle.  If you're still experiencing the behavior, please open a case with technical support to troubleshoot further.  

Thank you!

JennieCatalano1
New Contributor III

Ok. Thank you Kory