ArcGIS Pro stays in geocoder rematch mode

05-31-2019 08:55 AM
PeterHansen4
New Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 with 2 service pack patches installed.  Longtime ArcMap user, recent Pro adopter.

-----

I'm probably missing something simple here, but after I geocode a list of addresses and work through the rematch process, subsequent clicks/uses of the Explore/default cursor sometimes seem to be interpreted as a map-click rematch suggestion for a geocode record.  It manifests as the little "PP" icon on the map where I clicked.  The rematch window is closed, and sometimes even the geocode layer that had been produced is not even in the map.  How can I stop this behavior?

Thanks

19 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same but mine is showing the A B C alternative locations for manually matched locations. 

The table is already matched and there is a point under the A option. 

See below where I bumped up the symbol size. 

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Sharon, which version of ArcGIS Pro were you using when encountering this behavior?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ArcGIS Pro 2.4.2

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Sharon:

Are you able to include a screenshot that shows the status of the Rematch Addresses pane when this behavior occurs?

I can't tell what's going on in the ones you've already provided. In those it's odd that you have multiple A & B candidates.

Are you using a locator created with the Create Address Locator tool or the Create Locator tool?

This issue may also be better addressed through Support where you can provide the exact steps and possibly data. The next release of ArcGIS Pro will be available soon and if the behavior is still reproduced in the new release submit the issue through Support. During the development cycle of the next release of Pro we addressed some odd behavior with rematch.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shana: 

I am sorry to say I do not have any more screenshots and do not have a need for geocoding another set at this time.  I was using the public version of the Delaware geocoder (http://firstmap.delaware.gov/pdfs/public/FirstMapGeocoder.pdf ).  If I experience this behavior again after the next update I will try going through support to resolve.  Thank you 

0 Kudos
BennettMorris
New Contributor II

I had this issue too.  I also found that after you rematch addresses and select features using the interactive selection tool, the rematch process is somehow still active.  I solved this by removing the feature class from the map, saving the Pro project and then I added the feature class back to the map.  This worked for me.

ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Bennett, which version of ArcGIS Pro are you using?

0 Kudos
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

Same behavior from my end in 2.4.0 and 2.4.2 (not sure about 2.5 and up). Once you start rematching a layer that layer is stuck in a sort of rematch state, which constantly adds address candidates to the map view and automatically zooms in on the first record of a new selection. Closing the rematch pane doesn't fix this, only removing then adding the layer again, and even then the candidate icons (A, B, C etc.) are stuck on my end. Hopefully if this isn't fixed in 2.5 it's addressed soon.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

David:

ArcGIS Pro 2.5 is available now. If you are able to install 2.5, run through your workflow again to see if you get the same behavior. It would be great for us to have specific steps and data (table, locator) to further investigate these types of issues so that we can fix them. Did you encounter this behavior with a locator created with the Create Address Locator tool, Create Locator tool, or the ArcGIS World Geocoding Service?

-Shana