ArcGIS Pro Requested operation could not be completed

Jump to solution
11-06-2015 12:22 PM
JasonHarshman
Occasional Contributor

I am using ArcGIS Pro 1.1 and trying to make some symbology changes on a feature class. Specifically, I am trying to format all symbols and trying to sort the label. In each instance, I get the error banner on top of the Symbology pane saying "Requested operation could not be completed." I'm new to Pro so I have no idea what this means or where to even begin troubleshooting other than closing Pro and trying again - which doesn't work.

Thanks,

Jason

Here's the error:

Capture.PNG

Message was edited by: Jason Harshman

24 Replies
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

I'll have to try that out. I did a clean uninstall/reinstall the other day and still face the error. The most frequent encounters I have with it is when grouping/ungrouping/rearranging symbol classes or when modifying the drawing order of a group after grouping symbol classes within one of the group's layers. I have a tech support case open and they have indicated that they've been seeing similar issues lately.

0 Kudos
ehopkins_wvu
New Contributor II

I'm having similar issues in 3.0.2. Not only can I not group layers, I can't remove the layer that I added.

NigelBaker
New Contributor III

I am running 3.0.3 and am working on a project that has been months in the making.

i have not experienced this before. my workflow hasnt changed. the polygon feature class (in a .gdb) is not a new type, just recently regenerated after editing arcs. i applied the symbology from another layer... then this problem. i am trying to add a unique value (new code from the same attribute used to symbolise to date), and get this message. i cant sort the symbology pane, cant adjust the symbology of the new attribute. cant do anything really. i have restarted, remade the polygon in another database, emptied my cache....etc basically tried all the tips here.

how can this errror/bug/whatever still be the same over the course of software updates from 1.0 to now....3.0.3!!?? come on ESRI!

AmieCarlone
New Contributor II

I'm running 3.1.0 and having this issue on a feature class in an SDE database. I've encountered the issue previously and had hoped it would be fixed by now... I've tried re-adding the layer, closing and restarting the software, clearing cache, and no luck.  I need to group symbology classes, and keep getting that same "The requested operation cannot be completed" error. Very, very frustrating... this is a basic software function without which I cannot perform my job. 

NigelBaker
New Contributor III

i feel the pain. this 'support' process feels very much like yelling into the void.

pointless. unfortunately.