ArcGIS PRO - Remove Join not working

03-27-2020 11:30 AM
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I seem to be having a problem with Remove Join.  I am joining a feature class to a table.

Here are my steps and what I am seeing.

Step 1. Generate Near Table

Works as I would expect.

Step 2. Calculate Field  

Works as I would expect.

Step 3.  Add Join     I am joining a feature class to a table. (not sure if this is breaking it) This is a one to many join with the Table being the one and the feature class being the many. 

Works as I would expect.

Step 4. Calculate Field   of the table using both a field from the table and feature class. 

Works as I would expect.

Step 5. Remove Join.  

This is where I get an issue.  I don't get any errors. For some reason all the table fields are gone and only the features remain. The table had 50,000 records and the feature class has 6,726. 

Is there a way to remove the join and keep the table?

I thought I had a work around. I created a copy of the table when the join was applied. That way there was no join and just the rows in the table. The next step is to do summary statistics. I try to do summary statistics the table.  Pro just deletes the table and I cannot find it anywhere. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I am rerunning this again. Each time saving the table state in case I need to go back one step.  

So far it has worked.  One thing I did change is I copied out the table at step 4 and removed all the fields I used in the Join.

The summary did not delete itself this time. 

0 Kudos