ArcGIS Pro not saving Map Series settings

09-14-2017 02:25 AM
TheodoreF
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.0.1 trial

Yesterday I spent a while setting up data driven pages/map series for a project, to quickly export a number of maps at specific scales and formats. The Map Series tool was showing my project as having a Spatial series. I saved my project at the end of the day and closed Pro.

This morning I open the same project and the Map Series is disabled and all settings lost.

I have to set it up again. All the default options are different to the settings I chose yesterday. It's a completely blank slate.

What's going wrong? Is this a bug? Should I just never close down Pro?!

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
MelissaNorthey
Occasional Contributor

Was there a resolution to this?  Here it is 3 years later, I'm on 2.5.2 and I'm experiencing this same thing - hence coming upon this thread in my searches.  I just tried with a new project, one poly, accepted all defaults of the map series, saved, reopened and nothing.

0 Kudos
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor

I can not reproduce this issue.  You will need to open an incident with Support so they can collect all the necessary information (i.e., hardware, os, etc) to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
MDT
by
New Contributor II

I have to ask the question again 6 years later, version 3.1.1. Map Extent settings 'Use Scale From Field' set and hit 'OK', window closes and when I reopen the settings immediately after it has reverted back to 'Best Fit Extent'. Why won't it keep the settings?

kuok
by
New Contributor

In my case (v. 3.1.1), this behavior occurs if I place (in contents pane) an index layer below any service layer (Esri basemap, feature or map image layers from Lining Atlas). When I move the index layer up, the settings window shows the values I entered again and the map series tool works as expected.