Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro not honoring attribute values for symbology

01-15-2019 09:41 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

ArcGIS Pro 2.2.0  Windows 10 64 Bit

I'm experiencing some behavior while editing features in a FGDB that is somewhat annoying:  the features themselves are on the order of 17,000 building footprint polygons.  As part of my edit workflow, when the edit is complete, I update a numeric field from 0 (zero) to 1 (one).  The feature class is symbolized on this attribute which I call Touched. 0 = Red, 1 = green. (See image below).

The problem I'm experiencing is sometimes ArcGIS Pro will not honor the symbology change. In the image below, each of the footprints has been edited and the Touched attribute value = 1.  However, the highlighted polygon remains red.  I've also discovered if I uncheck the feature class to draw, every polygon turns off, except those that do not honor the Touched value symbology.  The only way I can get them to turn to green is exit and restart ArcGIS Pro.

I've added this as a discussion rather than a question as I don't expect an answer, but rather this is a heads up for development.

John Jones

Kory Kramer

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
10 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I typically use the Select tool under the Edit tab.  I'll keep closer attention on the patter leading up to the issue.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos