Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro - Modify Features - Python

01-10-2023 06:56 AM
DirkThuynsma
New Contributor II

Good day,

I am using ArcGIS Pro with a standard license. I used the "Modify Features -  Split" tool and can't seem to find a script for the tool. I did not use the "Analysis - Split" tool since I do not have a advanced license. 

Is there any python scripts available?

Cheers,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougGreen
Occasional Contributor II

Oh that's a good question. The "Split a Feature" functionality is an active-editing, interactive tool where you specify the location at which you want to split the feature. This means it isn't available as a python Geoprocessing operation but I could see a way to perform geometric functions (read and write) to perform the task. However, there's also a geoprocessing tool called "Split" that chops up a set of features using another set of features. This can be run in python using parameters. I imagine you're talking about the first one though?

0 Kudos
DirkThuynsma
New Contributor II

Hi Doug,
The geoprocessing tool called "Split" would be the perfect tool to use but the ArcGIS Pro standard license does not include this tool. Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
DougGreen
Occasional Contributor II

Oh I am sorry I didn't realize that. It doesn't seem like something that common would require an advanced license. You could search the Code Share to see if anyone has shared an existing script.

0 Kudos