Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro Licensing

10-17-2014 03:36 PM
AlexanderPugliese
Emerging Contributor

So I currently have two licenses for ArcGIS Pro Basic but both are currently being used.  I am one of the users and I was curious if I was able to download ArcGIS Pro on the same PC that 10.2 is installed on.  I noticed you were able to run both sanctimoniously so would you need 2 licenses?  Or are you able to use the same license again?

Thanks for the help!

~alex

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Alex,

If you are one of the users of the ArcGIS Pro basic license, then you can open and run ArcGIS Pro on up to three machines at the same time while connected to ArcGIS Online or your Portal. Also, you can install and run ArcGIS Pro on a PC that is running an older version of ArcMap without any problem.

David

0 Kudos
AlexanderPugliese
Emerging Contributor

Hey David,

Thanks for the reply. I have done some searching and I am unable to find the download link for the actual program.  Is there a link for that or is there something in the licensing manager that will allow me to download it?

Thanks!

~alex

0 Kudos
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Alex,

To access the download for Prerelease, sign into your My Esri account at http://my.esri.com

This Geonet event has some links to videos to help get you started:

https://community.esri.com/events/1300

David

0 Kudos
AlexanderPugliese
Emerging Contributor

David,

Thanks so much for your patience.  So I have access to the administrator section of ArcGis Online.  When I go to "My Esri" and click on the "My Organization" tab I don't get the sub tab to click on "Products".  I've tried this in both Chrome and IE to ensure it's not the browser.  There is a request line here though.  Do I just request it?

Thanks!

~alex

0 Kudos
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Alex,

If your Organization is current on maintenance, if you go to the Products Tab in MyEsri, there should be a dropdown for Downloads.  Under Downloads there should be a list of what you are eligible for. If you hit the View Downloads button listed for ArcGIS Pro (Prerelease) there is a Download button.  If you can’t find this and you think you should be eligible please contact customer service.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos