ArcGIS Pro Keeps crashing without any valid reason

02-03-2022 09:39 AM
balajiVaddadi
New Contributor III

We are executing python code but suddenly application crashed without any valid reason. Please help to provide any solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Balaji V.T

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

please provide details rather than a download

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
balajiVaddadi
New Contributor III

We are tried to Make feature layer from SDE feature class

sdelyr = arcpy.MakeFeatureLayer_management(SDEFC, 'sdelyr')

SDEFC is sde connection file path

Thanks & Regards,
Balaji V.T

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Make Feature Layer (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation  provides the syntax

you don't assign it to a variable like you did ( sdelyr = arcpy.MakeFea.......

this is the syntax

arcpy.MakeFeatureLayer_management(SDEFC, 'sdelyr')

so what is SDEFC?  something must be wrong with the path  (did you use raw encoding? for instance)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

run the tool in arctoolbox, navigate to the desired input (eg D:\\.....) and see if it works using the toolbox.

If it does, copy the python snippet.  If it doesn't, then it doesn't like what you have provided and it won't work

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
balajiVaddadi
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response. Event I tried to execute tool in ArcGIS pro application for the same input and copied same python output code to Visual Studio code idle. Same problem repeated again. As per my analysis we have created Db2 connection just few line before and fetched records from standalone table. If I comment that portion of connection to DB2 I could able to pass Makefeaturelayer without any issue. But I don't see any relation between DB2 direct connection and use SDE file to created feature layer. I even tried to replace Makefeaturelayer to Select_Analysis and copy features management. But still same issue. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If the tool worked from arctoolbox, that means that your input is good.

If it fails in your script, then that means it could be a permissions thing.

Tech Support, should be your next call.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

In analyzing the .dmp file, I see the following:

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for db2app64.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for db2app64.dll

I don't see that .dll in the standard Pro install (but then again, I don't work much with enterprise data) - is that .dll present on your machine? 

I'm not sure how much more help I can provide, but thought this might at least provide a clue to look into further.

0 Kudos