Arcgis pro is too slow

07-01-2021 01:14 PM
AyazTariq
New Contributor II

I'm using arcgis pro 2.5

its too slow and not usable in any case, in a new project I've imported csv table that have just 43 rows, and when using xy table to points tool its just going on, processing, processing for infinite time, even canceling the command take hours.

very disappointed

using core i7, 16 ram, 2 gb graphics card.

20 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

I would recommend updating to a new version of ArcGIS Pro (latest is 2.8.1). 

There are many changes made between all the versions to improve performance.

--- George T.
SolomonTesfamichael
New Contributor II

Hi George

My institution (University of Johannesburg, South Africa) uses ArcGIS Pro 2.9 educational site license. Opening the software on client computers takes long. Activating extensions takes not less than 30 minutes. This is threatening our class activities prepared to be run on ArcGIS Pro. It works ok on Single Use system; the problem is for concurrent use. Any help? I thought migrating from ArcMap to  ArcGIS Pro would be the right decision to help our students.   

DrVSSKiran
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

Please check CPU usage first if its not using more than 50 to70% try to update arcgis pro to latest version and assign gpu for ArcGIS pro.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For Pro performance issues, read this

Troubleshooting Performance Issues in ArcGIS Pro - Esri Community

... sort of retired...
BrianE
by

Has always been slow since 2.0. ESPECIALLY when working on a network drive.  3D performance not all that hot either.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Brian,

There are some good suggestions from other community members below.

A number of performance and productivity improvements were made in ArcGIS Pro 2.8, and we would recommend that you upgrade to 2.8 if you have not yet done so.  Some of the key improvements are noted in the What’s new in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 help topic.

While the above improvements will positively impact users who were experiencing problems in the areas where performance was specifically addressed, performance issues are complex, with a number of contributing factors.  We acknowledge that ArcGIS Pro 2.8 will not provide a remedy for every suboptimal performance issue that users could potentially encounter, and as such, 2.8 may not resolve a specific issue you may be experiencing.

From the troubleshooting link that Dan shared, we'd be interested in your 'Can you run it' results and Performance Assessment Tool results if you run those.  

Whether the machine meets the minimum system requirements and how it performs when running PAT are good indicators to help set the expectation of the performance you can expect to achieve when running ArcGIS Pro. 

I hope that sharing these resources helps.  If you have specific workflows or data processes that demonstrate a performance issue in ArcGIS Pro, we would like to work with you directly to understand and document those so that they can be assessed by the development team. 

0 Kudos
BrianE
by

Kory,

The delays are even worse in 2.8.1. Our workflows move at a glacial slowness now. Everything worked fine in 2.7 and all of our computers are powerful enough.

We are working with 3D lyrx files.

No performance upgrade here. Major downgrade in speed. 

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

data on the local machines? or via network?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AyazTariq
New Contributor II

on local machine , just a csv file contains 43 rows and three columns,