ArcGIS Pro geoprocessing stuck at 100%

01-23-2021 07:52 AM
Labels (1)
StephH
by
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I am using ArcPro 2.7 and trying to create a space-time cube from a multidimensional raster layer using the geoprocessing tool but when I try to do this, the tool gets stuck at 100%. Has anyone experienced this? How do you solve this issue? 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Create Space Time Cube From Multidimensional Raster Layer (Space Time Pattern Mining)—ArcGIS Pro | D...

which option?  you had at least ten intervals? Did you set a parallel processing option in the Environments?

How large a dataset are you trying? etc?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
StephH
by
New Contributor II

The dataset was too large to process at once (> 2 billion bins) so I split it into 4 extents which I was trying to specify under processing extent. I have 10-time intervals (annual data), I did not set a parallel processing factor but did specify a processing extent, I'm using the space-time neighbors option for filling empty bins. 

...very new to this! 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Since everything is in a projected coordinate system and no projection would be needed to send the output to a new coordinate system.

You have limited the extent otherwise since the number of cells times the time layers must be less than 2 G.

You used a neighbor option, which will slow things down by an unknown amount because of average calculation.

You didn't set a parallel processing factor.

That would leave, ... it is working but is slow as .... (the stuck at 100% means nothing really, it probably came up fairly soon in the process)

You should check with your Window's system monitor to see if ram useage is buried near 100% most of the time and whether you are getting a lot of disk read/write activity.

More ram would help if it is indeed working and parallel processing in the presence of lots of ram would speed things up.

Having said all that, if nothing is happening in your system monitor, I suspect you can (or have) stop the process

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Related you can start/use ArcMon in ArcGIS Pro by clicking CTRL-Alt-M to view the diagnostics in ArcGIS Pro.  This will show you performance trend lines, UI Task logs, GUI Hang logs and activity indicators to see if the process is hung or other.  You can read more about this tool here.

0 Kudos