ArcGIS Pro Geocoding Bug

05-18-2018 05:19 AM
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

Hey everyone! I encountered an issue with two different custom built, single field address locator failing in ArcGIS Pro yesterday. One uses address points as its reference and the other uses 911 Centerlines as a reference.  I then tried them in ArcMap and the both worked. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

What version of ArcMap?

What version of Pro?

Are the address locators stored in a geodatabase or file?

Possibly related to Add locators to a project—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop ?

JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro is 2.1.2

ArcMap is 10.5

The locators are stored in folders on a local server.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Were these address locators working before yesterday?

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

They worked fine. They still work fine in ArcMap. Which sucks because I'm trying to quit ArcMap...

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sorry, Jason.  Now might be a good time to open a case with technical support.  We'll probably need to do some toubleshooting specific to the locators.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried to recreate these address locators from scratch in Pro?  Maybe the original address locators somehow became corrupted, but that's another story.

Did you try to rebuild the address locators (data changed) in Pro before the address locators stopped working?

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

I didn't try to rebuild them. I just simply tried to use them in Pro and when they didn't work I ran them in ArcMap. 

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Did you ever get the address locators to work in Pro?

Do you know the Style release under About the locator if viewed in ArcCatalog?

0 Kudos
SharonSchulte
New Contributor II

I did some testing with our address locators and they do need to reside just in a folder.  Also, in ArcMap, we could pull in any tables that had spaces in the table names (like in excel).  In Pro, table names have to be clean, no spaces or character.  Once I tested this, the locator worked without needing rebuilt.