ArcGIS Pro freezes/crashes when adding a legend

12-04-2020 02:53 AM
Labels (1)
by
New Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS Pro version 2.4.0 and virtually every time I attempt to adda legend to my layout, it causes the program to crash. I draw a box with the tool but when I let go of the mouse, no legend appears, the drawing tool remains and I can't interact with ArcGIS Pro at all. I have to kill the program from Task Manager. At this point it's so frequent that I always save right before adding the legend so I can try adding the legend and then just open it up again once it has crashed. What I find especially strange is that it never crashes when I boot it back up again. Any thoughts on what might be causing it?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MVP Frequent Contributor

It it is happening all projects and you have cleared your caches you might want to try an upgrade of Pro or try a repair of the software (Add/remove programs, remove, repair)

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Esri Frequent Contributor

One thing that I see in the internal reports is a GeoSoft Plug-in (ntdll.dll) will cause the issue.  If you have this plug-in, uninstall it and try your workflow again.  Another thing to try is perform a repair install.  Open the Control Panel>Programs and Features, right-click on ArcGIS Pro and select "Uninstall/Change", and select Repair and run the installation.  That might fix it too.  Good luck!

0 Kudos