ArcGIS Pro failed to login with Facebook account

07-24-2021 06:22 AM
JudyBai
New Contributor II

Situation:

After I login to the Facebook account and redirect to the login window in ArcGIS Pro, the window closed and ArcGIS Pro application just quit immediately.

Tested method:

I asked my colleague to login with the same PC with his ArcGIS Online account. ArcGIS Pro then launched successfully. I checked the license is valid, so I believe there is something wrong  in the authentication step of Facebook account.

The environments:

• Windows 10 (21H1, 19043.1110)
  • ArcGIS Pro 2.7 and 2.8
  • Chrome 91.0.4472.164 / Edge 91.0.864.71

I have urgent tasks to do so any reply will be really appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I haven't tested it though.

Could you add arcgis.com and facebook.com as the trusted sites in the web browsers? Then clear browser cache and cookies, and try logging in again.

Think Location
0 Kudos
SamiPinarbasi
New Contributor II

Did you solve the problem? I have the same issue with the facebook login.

0 Kudos
JudyBai
New Contributor II

Hi!

The problem was solved.

I finally created another arcgis online account(not connected to any social accounts).

Since my esri and arcgis online can still login with the facebook connected account and my organization allows me to have another member inside, I authorized my new account to be an organization member and switched the user type( NEW account as GIS professional Advanced while OLD account as Creator).

Maybe you can try this method and I hope it works well in your case!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.

I am a tech support at ESRI and today I have assisted a user who is having the same issue. Initially, it is a BUG and it is fixed now. The resolution is to install the patch, ArcGIS Pro 2.8 Patch 2 (2.8.2). I hope this helps and works for you as well.

Best regards.

0 Kudos