ArcGIS Pro - Exceeded maximum number of sessions

Jump to solution
01-17-2020 04:21 AM
BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

I have 3 sessions of ArcGIS pro open and am trying to open a 4th.  However, upon opening it says "The account could not be used to sign in because you have exceeded the maximum number of allowed sessions".  I don't see any documentation around this and am curious why this is even an issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

That is the limit of sessions per named user/license: Assign ArcGIS Pro licenses in ArcGIS Online—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

You can end a member’s active ArcGIS Pro session. This may be useful when a member is signed in to ArcGIS Pro on three computers at the same time (the maximum allowed) and needs to sign in on another computer. If the member is unable to sign out on one of the computers—for example, because the member is not physically present—you can end a session. This enables the member to sign in on another computer.

--- George T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
George_Thompson

That is the limit of sessions per named user/license: Assign ArcGIS Pro licenses in ArcGIS Online—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

You can end a member’s active ArcGIS Pro session. This may be useful when a member is signed in to ArcGIS Pro on three computers at the same time (the maximum allowed) and needs to sign in on another computer. If the member is unable to sign out on one of the computers—for example, because the member is not physically present—you can end a session. This enables the member to sign in on another computer.

--- George T.
BrettShaver
Occasional Contributor

Ok thanks.  Is there any way to override this and have more active sessions?  I need more sessions of Pro to help with a very large processing task and have Pro open on 3 separate VMs.  

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

Not that I am aware of.

--- George T.
0 Kudos