ArcGIS Pro display units

Jump to solution
02-02-2022 05:18 AM
DavidKrise
New Contributor II

I have some experience in ArcMAP but I am trying to make a switch to ArcGIS Pro.  I'm trying to switch my deciamal degrees to miles in ArcGIS pro for my display units.  In ArcMAP I go to data frame properties, general and click the drop down for display units and Miles is include in a long list of options.  In ArcGIS Pro the only options are: decimal degrees, decimal minutes seconds, degrees decimal minutes, MGRS, US national grid and UTM.  I have attached pictures of each software.  What am I missing?  

Thanks for the help.

David 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

David - yes there is.  Go to the Project-Options and in the Project area-Units, for the Distance Units, select the <Select Unit Code> dropdown and choose Mile_US - hope this helps!
MileUS.JPG

View solution in original post

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To set units as the default

You can edit some aspects of the unit display directly on the Options dialog box by clicking a cell in the Name, Plural, or Abbrev columns. The default unit can also be set by clicking the buttons under the Default column.

Set unit options—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Map units, display units, and location units—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

is the way now, also

For ArcMap users—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and the FAQ underneath may help with other differences you will find

... sort of retired...
DavidKrise
New Contributor II

Thanks for the info Dan.  I can successfully navigate to the Display Units after right clicking Map Properties, General, Display Units.  Is there a way to add "miles" to the options listed?  I don't see the option of miles.  Only decimal degrees, decimal minutes seconds, degrees decimal minutes, MGRS, US national grid and UTM.   

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

David - yes there is.  Go to the Project-Options and in the Project area-Units, for the Distance Units, select the <Select Unit Code> dropdown and choose Mile_US - hope this helps!
MileUS.JPG

DavidKrise
New Contributor II

Thanks Robert! 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

To set units as the default

You can edit some aspects of the unit display directly on the Options dialog box by clicking a cell in the Name, Plural, or Abbrev columns. The default unit can also be set by clicking the buttons under the Default column.

Set unit options—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
DavidKrise
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan!

0 Kudos
RichardKoech
New Contributor II

I have a problem with units in ArcGIS Pro - hoping someone might be able to help.

I know how to change the units (distance, location etc) - Project - Options - Units.

However, when I add a kmz file to my project, I am nolonger able to change the units to meters. The option does not exist. It defaults to Decimal Degrees.

Can someone help me how to change to Meters when using a kmz file?

Regards'

Richard

0 Kudos