Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro disconnection

09-01-2023 05:36 AM
gis_grow
New Contributor III

Hello,

i'm using Arcgis Pro 2.9.6 to works on a Feature Services published from ArcGIS Server Site federated with Portal.

After a login with the Portal and after 30 minutes working I receive a 500 error and I have to logout and login to continue with my editing work. I have this error each 30 minutes.

Any idea and help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeslieUK
Esri Contributor

Hi @gis_grow 

Potentially this is because the instance of the service has timed out and needs a refresh to restart the services. 30 minutes is the default time for an ArcGIS Server Service instance to timeout so you can change this in the Server Manager to see if this resolves your issue. Here is more information on Timeouts: Tune and configure services—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Please bear in mind, if you are making it longer for it to time out, it will continue to consume machine resources while it is running and may cause performance issues along the line, so please take this into consideration before making changes.

~Just trying to fix things~
0 Kudos
gis_grow
New Contributor III

Hi Leslie,

thanks for your reply. I confirm that the feature service has a idle time out params setted to 1800 sec (30 min).

The service has a min and max pool setted to 4-8, and into arcgis Pro when user works the client will use one or 2 istance.

So if there is something istance that will be idle for 30 min the feature service will be restart killing all istances active? I thought that server would restart the single idle istance.

Thanks

0 Kudos