ArcGIS Pro crashes when adding data

04-03-2016 04:32 PM
MikeBricker1
New Contributor II

When I add data to ArcGIS Pro I get a Windows error message (image below) about a faulty MSVCR100.dll. I can open up projects that I created using Pro v1.1, but if I try to add data to the project it will crash. After creating a new project in version 1.2, as soon as I try to add data the program will crash. My manager and my computers were both built last November with the same specs and his computer runs Pro without any issues.

My Internet/GeoNet searches haven't resulted with anyone having similar issues. If anyone could help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Things I have tried:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled ArcGIS Pro 1.2. I had originally updated from 1.1 using the ArcGIS Pro updater.

I have updated my graphics card drivers.

I deleted my C:\Users\<user profile>\appdata\local\esri folder.

Computer Specs:

Windows 7 Professional

Graphics Card  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Processor  i7-4790 3.6 GHz

RAM  16 GB

ArcProError.jpg

Regards,

Mike

17 Replies
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

Can you confirm that msvcr100.dll is installed in \bin of your ArcGIS Pro installation and that the version of the file is 10.0.30319.1.  It might be a good idea to check your system folder and your system path variable and search for msvcr100.dlls that are in those locations to compare the version with the one Pro installs.

Thanks
Laurene Koman

ArcGIS Installation Team

0 Kudos
MikeBricker1
New Contributor II

Hi Laurene,

I have checked the msvcr100.dll in those locations and the list below is the path and version number for that dll.

ArcGIS\Pro\bin     10.0.30319.1

Windows\System32     10.0.40219.332

Im not sure if relevant but here are the msvcr100.dll versions installed for City Engine which runs fine.

Esri\CityEngine2015.1     10.0.30319.1

CityEngine2015.1\jre\bin     10.0.40219.1

Also here is a msvcr100.dll version for my graphics card.

Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\LED Visualizer     10.0.30319.460

And a few other versions for other software installed.

Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Earth Pro\client     10.0.40219.1

Program Files\QGIS Lyon\bin     10.0.40219.1

So the Pro and System32 dll are different, however I checked my manager's pc (same build) and he has the same versions for his Pro and System32 dll.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

Mike,

I passed this by a Pro developer and this was the reply:

My current guess on this crash is just a video card driver crash. I know he said he's got the latest driver, but we should confirm he downloaded the drivers directly from Nvidia, not from Windows Update.

0 Kudos
MikeBricker1
New Contributor II

For updating my drivers I am using the Nvidia GeForce Experience application.

I am currently running the latest Nvidia driver version 364.72 (released 3/28/16).

0 Kudos
Santa_RosaFlorida
New Contributor

You are not alone...mine keeps crashing and won't let me send a report.  I am trying to add the tax parcel viewer into my 1.4 but it crashes.  Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

0 Kudos
TunaUnsal
New Contributor III

Any solution found to this problem? I am having a similar problem in my Pro 1.2. I can add a layer to my 3D scene which I already created but I can not create a new scene or a new project from scratch. I can navigate in the old project with no problem but can not add another elevation source.

A year ago when I first created this project there were no such issues. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a lot has changed in Pro since version 1.2, can you upgrade to see if the issue is resolved in subsequent versions?

0 Kudos
TunaUnsal
New Contributor III

I know but unfortunately we do not currently have a maintenance contract and 1.2 is the newest version we can have.

0 Kudos