Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro crashes on authentication

10-29-2023 11:45 PM
Labels (1)
CateRyan
New Contributor II

Hi, when I try to log in to ArcGIS Pro the system crashes on authentication, with no error message. I've checkes Task Manager and it's not running in the background. I'm running version 3.03 on my desktop. I have tried restarting, clearing cookies, trying on multiple machines, no luck. I even got someone to try to log in on my machine with their account, no luck. What could be wrong?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Sometimes there are Add-Ins that cause ArcGIS Pro to crash on startup. 

Run the following from a command line to start ArcGIS Pro without add-ins:

"%ProgramFiles%\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGISPro.exe" /disableaddins

If a problem is resolved when add-ins are disabled, it indicates that the problem is caused by an add-in located in a well-known folder on your machine or on a shared network.

0 Kudos
CateRyan
New Contributor II
Thanks Robert, unfortunately that didn't work. I've also tried all of these things: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/problem-arcgis-pro-stops-responding-after-login-000013.... The only thing I can think of is that the last time I logged in was Oct 25, when there was a new AGOL update (although I can log into the online version ok).
0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Certainly.  I wonder if Esri Support Services needs to reset your ArcGIS Pro licenses perhaps?  Might be worth a call to Support Services.

0 Kudos
BrookeRadding
New Contributor II

Login through a browser window rather than through the app. Worked for me!