Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro crashed when perform Calculate Field

Jump to solution
06-19-2017 07:26 AM
La_OdeAbdul_Hafid1
New Contributor III

I joined a CSV file to a feature class. And when I performed Calculate Field, the PRO crashed.  

Any help?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
La_OdeAbdul_Hafid1
New Contributor III

Thanks. Anyone has ever been successful perform the join-calculate

field-unjoin workflow in PRO if I may know?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

La Ode Abdul Hafid - in reviewing this question, is the data you're working on from the Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro from EsriPress?  The screenshot looks like data from a lesson there based upon a support incident I'm seeing.  If so, it is a BUG referenced below:

[#BUG-000104025 : Pro crashes when trying to Calculate Field on a new field in a joined table with data from the Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro EsriPress book.]

The workaround for this issue is to modify the CSV file using the following workflow:
1. Open the referenced household_income.csv file.
2. Locate and modify the record containing the HHINCOME value of “2,500-” to read “2500” instead.
3. Clear the contents of the HHINCOME field for those records containing dashes.
4. Alter the “GEO.id”, “GEO.display-label”, “GEO.id2” column headers to remove the special characters.
6. Save the CSV file and step through the workflow again.  No crash will be encountered.

La_OdeAbdul_Hafid1
New Contributor III

Yes. It works. Thank you.

0 Kudos
La_OdeAbdul_Hafid1
New Contributor III

Yes it is true. Currently I am studying the book Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro from EsriPress.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Thanks all for responding to help hafidloa‌ As rleclair-esristaff‌ correctly pointed out, a bug was logged with support and testing indicates that the crash doesn't occur with Pro 2.0 which is coming very soon.  Look for 2.0 and as always stay on the most up-to-date release.

0 Kudos