ArcGIS Pro cannot share Web layers to Online

01-11-2022 10:22 PM
圈圈
by
Occasional Contributor

ArcGIS Pro could not share the Web layer to the specified account, but when I changed an account, I succeeded. I don't know what caused the error before.  Search results tell me it's probably because of the user name. But I can't change username authentication right now.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
圈圈
by
Occasional Contributor
  • The account name that failed to share is Geo_SPDC

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What's the User type and Role of "Geo_SPDC"? Ensure that it has at-least publisher role to be able to publish the data to the web.

Think Location
圈圈
by
Occasional Contributor

thank you,I'll check it.

0 Kudos
圈圈
by
Occasional Contributor

1.png

I should have permission to publish.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Things look fine here. Unless your credit balance is in negative, you should be able to publish again.

Clear your browser cache.

Logout from ArcGIS Pro. Restart ArcGIS Pro, and login again using "Geo_SPDC" account. Try to publish again.

Think Location
0 Kudos
圈圈
by
Occasional Contributor

Credit are adequate.  I tried again after logging in, but failed again.  Thank you for your help. I need to find out the reason again.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I am guessing it's a privilege thing like Jayanta mentioned. I am not sure what kind of privileges a Geo Advanced Professional has but this is what I see from an admin side of things (of the mainly default user roles):

AdrianWelsh_0-1641997235722.png

Only the "Admin", "Facilitator", and "Publisher" are the default roles with publisher privileges. (In my case there is also a Publisher Plus but that's a custom role).

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That's a ArcGIS for Personal Use Account.

GIS Professional Advanced is the top-most user type possible, with Administrator role. So, I believe privileges isn't a problem here.

Maybe he can connect to the Esri Support Contact Support for understanding the underlying problem. 

Think Location