Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro: Can labels appear in the legend markers?

06-08-2020 03:33 PM
SCVTAGIS
Emerging Contributor

I set up the symbology of JointDevPoints (see Pro_labels.JPG) so that a total of 26 points would have pins of one of three colors based on the Status field (1 gets blue, 2 gets green, and 3 gets purple). I also used labels to give each point a unique number based on the ID field. It's just the way that I want it to look in the map, but the number labels don't show up in the legend. Is there a good way to get the numbers to also appear in the legend? My plan at the moment is to manually create a separate pin for each of the 26 points so that the number in the pin will be part of the symbol rather than a label. I hope that there is a better method.

I have published this Pro project as a web service and ingested it as a Map in ArcGIS Online, which I then used to create an application (see Online_labels.PNG). I mention this in case there is a setting that I wan't able to find in ArcGIS Online (for either the map or the application) that will get the number label to appear on the pins in the legend.

Thanks

arcgis pro 2.5‌

#legend labels

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wayfaringrob
Honored Contributor

Best I've been able to do is make a normal legend with whatever labels you want (aside from the numbering), then copy and paste it. Select both & align left, align top so they're lined up. Then, make a copy of the actual layer and change the symbology (or just the labels) to your numbers. Go back to that copy of the legend and swap your original layer with the numbered one, and convert it to graphics. You could also skip that and just convert it to graphics right away and change it to numbers manually. Delete the duplicated patches and any headers/titles, shift the numbers left, and apply your label symbology. It's tedious, but looks fine.

I always make a copy of the legend before converting to graphics in case I need to start from there again.

rburkebsrc_0-1660941072973.png