ArcGIS Pro Attributes Pane field values preview

09-12-2019 05:25 PM
MattHeineman
Occasional Contributor

I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off the small pop-up window when hovering over the Attributes Pane. It's quite distracting.

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I believe we cannot alter the behavior of existing ArcGIS Pro Commands. 

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I gotta admit, having that pop up is handy. If https://community.esri.com/ideas/15715  were to be implemented, we would solve the OP's concern, and keep two handy features. 

0 Kudos
MattHeineman
Occasional Contributor

Overall, I would agree. It is nice knowing the field properties in the attributes pane especially if you're not the one who created the data to begin with.

But I don't like the hovering where it obscures the fields and attributes.  I'm not in front of ArcGIS Pro or Desktop at the moment, but it would be nice if that smaller properties window was affixed to the bottom of the attributes pane and then an option to resize the window down to hide/show it was available. Or, a check option from the top of the attributes pane itself.

DarrellHill
New Contributor

I agree wholeheartedly. Am using Pro 2.9.7, and that popup within the attribute pane is by far my greatest pain when working with ArcGIS Pro. It would be nice (and easy, I think) to add a setting in Options where that can be toggled on or off. It is distracting, obtrusive, and very annoying. 

Untitled.jpg

0 Kudos