Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.3 performance

05-15-2024 09:30 AM
Labels (1)
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Is anyone else noticing any performance issues in Pro 3.3? We are, but I'm trying to figure out if it's a Pro update issue or something in our network/system configuration (or a combination of the two). Would especially love to hear from others who have updated to Pro 3.3 on a multi-session virtual desktop where users use Pro to work with data stored on cloud-based fileshares.

Thanks in advance! 

- Holly
4 Replies
ThomasKäldström
New Contributor

I "use" ArcGIS Pro 3.3 and it has become so incredible slow that I now strated to use my old ArcGIS 10.8.1 to get some work done. Then I thought the old version was slow but not compared to the Pro 3.3. I have for sure not layers that are "optimised" as the guides are in Pro 3.3 - but still it's totally unacceptable slow. My data is not on cloud in that sence but on a server located out of office.

HollyTorpey_LSA

Apologies for not seeing your response sooner. It's interesting to know that you're having the same issues using data stored on non-cloud servers.

- Holly
0 Kudos
The_geologist18
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat. Pro 3.3, projects have been moved to the "cloud". Took 10min 49sec to convert a small set of labels (20) to annotation. Renaming features takes 2-5 minutes. Run time on most tools has increased by 10x. I've resorted to moving everything to my local drive, and repathing all 300+ features in my .gdb. What should take me 1 hour, now takes a full 9hr day unless my project and maps are moved locally. What a joke ESRI..

HollyTorpey_LSA

@The_geologist18  Your experience sounds very much like what we are experiencing. It's soul crushing to have to wait so long after simple operations like renaming a map or layer, changing symbology, etc. We also have noticed frequent issues of being unable to save edits (with a read-only error) only to repeat the operation successfully a moment later. It's really challenging to figure out whether the issue is Pro, our Cloud storage system (Nasuni), our antivirus software, or our Azure VM, but the Pro users are definitely suffering far more than those still using ArcMap.

- Holly
0 Kudos