Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.3., cannot sign into Portals

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
ToddFagin
Occasional Contributor II

I recently encountered a sign-in problem with 3.3. I posted about it here. I uninstalled 3.3 and reverted to 3.2.2.

However, I decided to upgrade again for a different reason and have immediately encountered a similar, but slightly different problem.

I am currently logged in to my organizational AGOL account--so things are working there. However, if I try to log into any of the portals we manage (which are quite a few) or even another organizational account, I get the following. I am at an impasse because if I need to publish to or access data from other Portals, I am effectively locked out. I do not have this issue on earlier versions of ArcGIS Pro, so there is nothing wrong with the portals or webadaptors or anything along those lines. It is 3.3.

ToddFagin_0-1718217784863.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@ToddFagin - there was an identical post to your question - (1) Solved: Couldn't sign you in - Esri Community where the user renamed the Esri\ArcGIS Online for Pro registry key.  Then the user was able to log into multiple portals.

The registry key is here - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGIS Online For Pro

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @ToddFagin , does your ArcGIS Pro Updatelog.txt file suggest there were any problems with the ArcGIS Pro upgrade ?

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/locate-the-arcgis-pro-updatelog-txt-file-1462483373329...

For me, the file was in this location:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\ArcGISUpdate\ArcGISPro

0 Kudos
ToddFagin

It was a registry key issue. It has been fixed. Thank you for your assistance, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@ToddFagin - there was an identical post to your question - (1) Solved: Couldn't sign you in - Esri Community where the user renamed the Esri\ArcGIS Online for Pro registry key.  Then the user was able to log into multiple portals.

The registry key is here - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ESRI\ArcGIS Online For Pro

ToddFagin

Thank you. I am not sure how I missed that post because I did search for similar. Anyway, that said, this worked. However, there is a big caveat. When I did this, I lost all of my portals and had to re-add them. In the grand scheme of things, this was a minor hassle because I am now able to log in to each of them.

Thanks again.

Todd