Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.1 Export Layout

02-24-2023 06:53 AM
StephenKing
New Contributor III

I updated to version 3.1 this morning and have found that I can't export layouts to graphic files when opening projects created in a previous version of ArcGIS Pro. When I try it seems to hang with the message 'preparing export'. If I copy layouts and maps into a new project file they export ok. Has anyone else come across this issue at all so far?

0 Kudos
37 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@wayfaringrob - in reviewing the internals on this one, there was a customer experiencing the same problem 3/3/2023.  It was resolved by clearing the cache.  In ArcGIS Pro 3.1, go to the Project tab->Options->Display->Local Cache->click the Clear Cache Now button and attempt the workflow again.

wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

I'll give it a try next time, thanks!

0 Kudos
AmyFry
by
New Contributor II

I have experienced the same issues with exporting to pdf and png, crashing the entire project when attempting to export.  Most recently, Pro 3.1 crashed when I was clearing the cache.  I am hoping the the ArcGIS Application "Send Report" are not ignored.

A patch to resolve this issue cannot come quick enough.  Grant applications that rely on my maps are due next week.  

Would a lack of a dedicated GPU have any contributing factor on this issue?

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

I have a dedicated GPU and am facing the same things.

0 Kudos
GrantDickins_OX2
New Contributor III

Hi. Ok, I am still getting crashes with every other export to PDF or PNG - the entire app crashes. I have cleared the cache, tried various export settings (changed compression settings, resolutions, export to new files, not overwriting, changed map contents (with/without imagery, etc) but no change. So, last night I did a complete ArcGIS Pro uninstall - complete (from scratch), following the guidance of ESRI here (https://esriaustraliatechblog.wordpress.com/2023/01/18/performing-a-clean-uninstall-of-arcgis-pro/) and comments above in the forums (rename the system ESRI folders to old, etc). But, no change. After resetting everything (toolbars, styles, testing all projects are working again, etc) it again crashed when I exported a basic map to PDF - twice, and from two different projects. Surely, this is a bug, not a local issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
jbcypreste
New Contributor III

I'm also having this issue. Both 3.0 and 3.1 exporting layout crashes the application. I don't have "empty text" like people said, but I do have transparencies.

0 Kudos
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

I'm still having issues with it being very slow to export. I've also found in some cases, where the data layer has been classified (e.g. bathymetry data) and the legend property is set to 'Only show features visible in the map extent', the legend doesn't export, or it exports only the classes not visible in the map - the opposite of what it should do. Might need to try a clean install again.

0 Kudos
StephenKing3
New Contributor III

I've done a completely clean installation of 3.1 and am still getting issues with it being slow to export a layout to PNG and with the legend not exporting properly. It doesn't seem to be just an issue with project files created in a previous version of the software either.

StephenKing3
New Contributor III

I came across this thread which highlights a similar issue to mine. Using Python to export seems to work fine.
Solved: Re: ArcGIS Pro 2.5 - Export Layout takes 20 Minute... - Page 2 - Esri Community

wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

More export issues, this time with alignment. I'm getting a new PC within the month and I'm just going to request 3.0 be installed.

rburke_0-1677883745897.png

Closed & reopened the project -- the title group now shows in the same location in the exported PDF. Not where I put it nor what it showed me prior to reopening.

rburke_0-1677884357132.png

0 Kudos