Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 3.02 freezing

10-14-2022 01:23 AM
HelenCooper
Frequent Contributor

Hi, ever since upgrading to ArcGIS Pro 3.02 it freezes whenever I try to delete a feature class from a geodatabase.  Have others found the same thing?

I only upgraded when trying to resolve the issue of Pro freezing when trying to open a spreadsheet (which still isn't resolved, despite following instructions here: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/data-management/guide-to-connecting-to-excel-fi... )

Any suggestions welcome.  I can feel a defection to QGIS getting ever closer at the moment!!

Thanks, 

Helen

17 Replies
HelenCooper
Frequent Contributor

Hi @LayerItOn , I'm so sorry I don't remember actually resolving this issue.  It isn't an issue for me now, but I have upgraded a few versions since this post. I think I may have worked around it for a while by not deleting feature classes, but just renaming them (e.g. prefixing with a 'z' so they're at the bottom of the list).  Sorry I can't offer more help and good luck!

0 Kudos
LayerItOn
Regular Contributor

No problem, thank you for responding! Even when I try to rename the files it freezes/crashes, but some can be renamed 

0 Kudos
RyanH_dnr
Emerging Contributor

I am also experiencing a similar issue. 

Whenever I try to delete features from an attribute table of a feature class or shapefile, ArcGIS Pro freezes indefinitely. It freezes as well if I use the "Delete" on the ribbon as well. However, the "Delete Features" geoprocessing tool works normally.

I have tried running the delete via attribute table in a different blank map, and the freezing behavior continues. I have tried running the delete via attribute table on a shapefile, behavior continues.

These files were hosted on my computer. Same behavior occurs if I attempt to delete from a layer located off my local drive.

Delete via attribute table works fine in ArcMap.
Creating a feature does not freeze the map.
I have restarted my computer. Closed and reopened ArcGIS Pro.

Any ideas folks? I have a suspicion that my ArcGIS Pro may be corrupted but idk.

0 Kudos
RyanH_dnr
Emerging Contributor

Also, as suggested by @Robert_LeClair , I am unable to locate my AppData profile and rename. Maybe I do not have permissions for that.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Likely the appdata is hidden in your file explorer but you can type appdata after the last / to get to it.  There is a Tech Support document on how to do a soft reset here - How To: Perform an ArcGIS pro Soft Reset (esri.com)

RyanH_dnr
Emerging Contributor

This worked. I can now make deletions through the attribute table. Thanks @Robert_LeClair !

The soft reset will also be saved for a later date.

RyanH_dnr
Emerging Contributor

Also, I have tried exporting one or two features from a feature class and taking those to a new map and just deleting one of those features and it still freezes.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

@RyanH_dnr  - I would recommend reaching out to Esri Support Services to start an incident ticket to see if they can assist you better.

0 Kudos