ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: How to display the values of parameters when working with tools in the ModelBuilder?

04-05-2024 04:18 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: How to display the values of parameters when working with tools in the ModelBuilder?

For example, in the screenshot below, the “Make Service Area Analysis Layer” tool has a "cutoffs" parameter. This parameter has thClip_1007.jpge values of 500, 800, and 1200. How can these values be displayed on the model?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
5 Replies
EdMorris
Esri Contributor

Hello

I hope things are well with you.

So the values can not be displayed dynamically on the map, unless you create a label and manually fill in the label with the values, for example:

EdMorris_0-1712322514266.png

The label will follow the parameter if you move the parameter, which is nice.

You can also hover over the parameter and the values will be dynamically displayed:

EdMorris_1-1712322590042.png

You can also create a report via the ModelBuilder tab | Model group and it will display the values for the parameter as well as other model information.

I hope this helps!

many thanks ed

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks, EdMorris, for the help.

The report does provide the values for the parameters used in the model. However, it appears that there is no option to print it as a PDF file.

Clip_1010.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
EdMorris
Esri Contributor

Ah.... no report as a PDF, just as an XML file 🙁

Perhaps you can add that functionality as an "Idea"?

@Dale_Honeycutt suggestion may be a way forward also for you?

Many thanks ed

Dale_Honeycutt
Occasional Contributor II

Perhaps this is what you're looking for.  I created 3 new variables of type Double (Cutoff 1, 2, and 3) and then used the Collect Values tool (found in the Utilities menu in ModelBuilder) to collect these into a multivalue of doubles.  The output of Collect Values can then be connected to the Cutoffs parameter of make service area layer.

Dale_Honeycutt_0-1712334123597.png

Dale_Honeycutt_1-1712334319912.png

(Just to be clear, I renamed the output of Collect Values from the default to 'Cutoffs'

Dale_Honeycutt_2-1712334357293.png

To create those 3 double variables, right-click on blank space in your model and chose 'Variable' (Ctrl+E).  You'll get this dialog:

Dale_Honeycutt_3-1712334972433.png

There are a LOT of different variable types you can create -- it's kinda interesting to scroll thru.  But I digress -- press the 'd' key a bunch of times and eventually 'Double' will show up.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Two ideas are created:

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: An option to export the model builder report as pdf file,

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/arcgis-pro-3-0-2-an-option-to-export-the-model/idi-p/...

ArcGIS Pro 3.0.2: An option to display the parameters while working with model builder,

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/arcgis-pro-3-0-2-an-option-to-export-the-model/idi-p/...

Jamal Numan