ArcGIS Pro 2.9 - Symbology using numerical domain values instead of the coded description

01-24-2022 01:09 PM
KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to re-make some unique values symbology.  To speed up the process: How can I make Pro stop using the domain values and start using the coded descriptions?

KeithAddison1_0-1643058381576.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Keith,

I'm using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1 and when I bring in my data that has a domain with numbers and coded description, it throws in the labels appropriately.

AdrianWelsh_0-1643061776745.png

Is your domain set up in the Domains sections with the appropriated coded descriptions? This is mine:

AdrianWelsh_1-1643061893608.png

0 Kudos
m_neer
by
Occasional Contributor

couple things you can check. 1). does domain table exist properly 2.) perhaps you have a unique value expression that was written to display unique values at a particular fashion. Chcks.jpg 

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1

Domain table appears in order, no expression.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Is this a web layer or a feature class in your geodatabase?

0 Kudos
KeithAddison1

Feature class in an enterprise gdb.

0 Kudos
m_neer
by
Occasional Contributor

Is your symbolization including a joined 1:M or 1:1 relationship?   Is it using Contingent Values (Create and manage contingent values—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation)  (possibly this)   Custom Color Schema ?   What values are you using for your coded domains (check for spaces).

0 Kudos
HelenWhiteley_tfl
New Contributor II

Hi, I have this issue also. I am using joined data, does this mean it is not possible? The domains are respected elsewhere in the joined data - pop ups and attribute table.

0 Kudos