ArcGIS Pro 2.9: Pro fails to detect a cached service that's copied to the cache directory,

01-08-2022 12:33 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.9: Pro fails to detect a cached service that's copied to the cache directory,

Despite the fact that cached service is available in the cache directory with same name as the map name, Pro fails to detect it and ends up with an error as per the screenshot below

What could be the issue here?

The cached service (Orthophoto_WB_2021_10cm_tif_PG1923) was cached in machine A and then copied to machine B (C:\arcgisserver\directories\arcgiscache) to be configured

Clip_6.jpgClip_7.jpg

Clip_8.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
18 Replies

I think it's better to do this in an office excel...

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

With Pro 2.9.1 and ArcGIS Server 10.9.1, publishing a service map with same name as a cached service gets it detected!

Clip_136.jpgClip_137.jpgClip_138.jpgClip_139.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Jamal:

What have you changed in your Pro project, since you said this workflow did not work initially, as that is unclear from your posts?

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So in summary from your findings, copying the cache to a Pro service with the same name at Enterprise 10.9 does not work, but the same exact workflow does work when Enterprise is upgraded to 10.9.1.

Is this an accurate statement?

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The change is the version of the ArcGIS Server. It's now 10.9.1

Not sure if this is the reason why it works

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I was using 10.7.1, indeed, before upgrading to 10.9.1

Correct. The copied cache will be detected as it’s published with same name as the cache

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
rshihab
New Contributor III

Greetings

I have the same issue cache is not detected with ArcGIS 10.7.1. I have migrated the enterprise deployment from existing site to a new host provider . I used the webgisdr tool to restore the site , and i copied the cache from Provider A to provider B. the migration were successful. I copied the existing cache  by overriding the cache directory /hosted cache once i start the map service it fails to detect the cache . I did a test by overriding the cache by re publishing and it works but the all existing  map service failed to get the cache. 

All the Map are published using ArcGIS pro. 

Q1. Do copying the Cache works with ArcGIS Pro if the environment is different ?

Q2. What additional steps needs to be done for to check the Cache? 

Q3.Why the cache fail to view in Javascript map from the Rest?

Q3.If I upgrade the release to 10.9.1 will it works?

I will apricate you support. 

Ramla Shihab
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I experienced the same issue but resolved in 10.9.1. Had you looked at my posted dated in 28-01-2022 01:08 PM?

All what you need to do is (better if you tried it first in test machine)

• Copy the cache to the target machine
  • Publish the map with same name as the cache
  • The cache are detected as per the screenshots provided in the post in28-01-2022 01:08 PM
Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
rshihab
New Contributor III

Dear Jamal,

Yes I have read your post and I did the republishing on the target machine by overriding the map services and it detects the cache on 10.7.1. But as I have more than 10 services I will do the upgrade 10.9.1 it it works it means it is an issue on the 10.7.1. I will keep you posted.  Thanks 👍 

Ramla Shihab