ArcGIS Pro 2.9: How to delete overlaps\duplicates features with model builder tool?

12-31-2021 03:59 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.9: How to delete overlaps\duplicates features with model builder tool?

I couldn’t figure out if there is a model builder tool that can remove overlapped\duplicated features

I’m aware that this can be done with topology but I wanted here just a stand-alone tool that can perform this task

Clip_1425.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

To me it looks like you're still working with the CAD file.  In the model, you run the Select GP tool leading to a selected set of features called polyline.  Then you attempt to run Delete Identical GP.  The Delete Identical GP needs a feature class either in shapefile or GDB feature class.  My suggestion is from Polyline, add the Feature Class to Feature Class GP tool here between Polygon and Delete Identical.  Test the model and see if it works as expected.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor
  • The “delete identical” fails to remove the duplicates where lines are overlapped at particular part
  • The “remove duplicates multiple” ends up with error

A sample dwg file is attached

Clip_1434.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That is because they aren't identical. And the remove overlaps requires a polygon layer.

It is in the help

Remove Overlap (multiple) (Analysis)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
SukhwinderSingh
New Contributor II

Thanks for the information. I am also facing the same issue. Thanks to various reply's, i am able to solve my issue

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The “LineOnLineOverlayer” tool in FME does perform the job. It removes the duplicates anyway.

A sample dwg file is attached

Clip_1437.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos