ArcGIS Pro 2.9: How to delete overlaps\duplicates features with model builder tool?

12-31-2021 03:59 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.9: How to delete overlaps\duplicates features with model builder tool?

I couldn’t figure out if there is a model builder tool that can remove overlapped\duplicated features

I’m aware that this can be done with topology but I wanted here just a stand-alone tool that can perform this task

Clip_1425.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
14 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Find Identical (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation as a check to see what is going to happen

Delete Identical (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation using the geometry field

And if it is a cad file, it won't work, it needs to be a featureclass.  Topology is best, or fix the errors during data construction would be the easiest

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

I got the error below

Clip_1427.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't think CAD file is editable in its native format in ArcGIS Desktop/Pro. Maybe you could try CAD To Geodatabase (Conversion) first.

Think Location
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

you missed the line

And if it is a cad file, it won't work, it needs to be a featureclass. 

... sort of retired...
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oops. Yup missed that. Maybe even Jamal did.

*why these emojis not working 😞

Think Location
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The issue has nothing to do with CAD file. A feature class is extracted from CAD and then the “delete identical” tool is performed as per the screenshot below

Clip_1428.jpg

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What process did you follow to "extract the feature class" from CAD?

I still see DWG with space in its name (parcel_sample_one block.dwg). The Feature Dataset, it's coming from, is a DWG file (Please check layer properties of line layer > Source).

A sample DWG polyline looks the same in attribute table.

JayantaPoddar_0-1640962318857.png

After conversion to geodatabase, please ensure there is no space/special characters (except underscore)/accented characters in the file pathname (Full path)?

Think Location
XavierBustos
Esri Contributor

Good day.

I had the same problem and solved, using RemoveOverlapmultiple. I use python instead MB.  Use the option CENTER LINE. 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/analysis/remove-overlap-multiple.htm

hope this help.

Regards

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The tool attempted to modify the original input dataset and failed. This may be because the data format is a non-editable format.

If performing operations on the data is desired, convert the data to an editable format, such as geodatabase or shapefile.

That is what the error message reports as the issue

... sort of retired...