ArcGIS Pro 2.8 UI Glitch

Jump to solution
10-24-2021 11:47 PM
IanHuerta
New Contributor II

Hello Y'all.

I booted up my ArcGIS Pro tonight and saw bizarre UI glitches in my ArcGIS Pro panes.

I shut down my computer, and Started it up again only to find that this issue still persisted.

The wonky screenshots are below.

Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks!

-Ian Huerta

Tags (4)
21 Replies
RandyMorris
New Contributor II

After trying everything else (including a clean Win10 re-install), what finally fixed this for me was simply uninstalling Alienware Command Center.

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That did the trick. Cheers!

I also feel so bad. I had mentioned the drivers that I had updated after which the issue started popping up, not realizing I just had to uninstall it from the Control Panel. 

Think Location
IanHuerta
New Contributor II

So it WAS Alianware Command Center.

I'm gonna have to write an e-mail to them in the future about this issue.

A technician at my school found a workaround by creating a new clean user account.

Thank you Randy M.!

RandyMorris
New Contributor II

Honestly, many thanks go to @JayantaPoddar  for making the original report on the two Alienware programs. Well sleuthed!

0 Kudos
NickolausHillman
New Contributor II

That is way easier than mine!!!

0 Kudos
DanielGarcés
New Contributor

Thanks, it really helps. I was having this problems for 5 months after the win11 update and i thought it was a win problem. Uninstalling Alienware Command Center was the solution.

RyanShields
New Contributor

Ditto to @RandyMorris. Just uninstalled Alienware Command Center and the issue is fixed now. Just started late last week.

MeganWheat
New Contributor III

Thank you guys! That did the trick for me! It was driving me crazy have this glitch!

LeePenney
New Contributor II

I had the same issue after updating to 2.8. After making sure my hardware and drivers were fine @RandyMorris' solution worked for me. I followed the instructions on the Dell support page: https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-ca/000178439/how-to-remove-and-reinstall-the-alienware-command...

0 Kudos
YamileDelaGarza
New Contributor

Thanks for sharing! Almost two months without using ArcGIS Pro because of the Glitch... until someone else helped me find this post 🙏🏼🙌🏼

0 Kudos