ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 Editor Tracking is broken

Jump to solution
07-08-2021 09:18 AM
RyanTucker
New Contributor III

Edit: Just got off the horn with ESRI Tech support. This is a known bug. 

I try to enable editor tracking on only the editor name and edit date fields on my feature classes in a file geodatabase, I don't want creator fields. However ArcGIS Pro 2.8.1 keeps setting the fields I select for Editor and Edit date  as the Creator and Creation date fields. Works just fine in ArcCatalog 10.5.1 when I set the editor tracking there.. It also used to work just fine in ArcGIS Pro. This has to be a bug. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanTucker
New Contributor III

Thanks. But support has this behavior listed as a bug; BUG-000140962

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
RyanTucker
New Contributor III

Thanks. But support has this behavior listed as a bug; BUG-000140962

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowering
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Ryan - could you please copy/paste the bug description?  I'm experiencing something similar and am curious as to how they describe the bug.  In my case, I ONLY want a 'Created Date Field' yet when I enable editor tracking, the automatically created 'created_date' field gets bumped up into the 'Creator Field' space with the field type being text.  I had to use both the Creator and Create Date options to get the date to function properly despite not needing/wanting the Creator.

0 Kudos
RyanTucker
New Contributor III

Christopher,

here it is:

BUG-000140962 Editor tracking assigns editor fields for the creator category when the creator has been set to None

0 Kudos