Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2 : Copy & Paste Special

07-06-2020 01:25 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have polygon boundary data in an AGO WFL, that I have brought into Pro so I can migrate the WFL to our local Portal. 

I am having  issues when I select all the boundaries, copy them and paste them to the SDE feature class. 

The issue is when I special paste and keep source attributes it pastes over 6 duplicates of only one of the boundaries, but when I unselect keep source source attributes it works out just fine and copies only the geometry and editor tracking, but now I have to re-enter the attribute data manually.

I make sure that I have all features selected in the attribute pane. 

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GIS-Chops
New Contributor III

Have you compared the attributes of the 6 copies? Is something in the attributes different in each one?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

All works fine now.

I cannot trace back what I might have done wrong.

I do not know if using MERGE rather than APPEND for the SYMMETRICAL DIFFERENCES between the AGO and SDE data, then PASTING the Newly MERGED AGO data to the SDE data might have not produced the desired results. 

The software (or software due the local network) at this point and time was a bit buggy/laggy, it would take anywhere from 2-4 clicks to set the focus. (I would make my selection, focus the ATTRIBUTE PANE or MAP FRAME, commit COPY, but then the PASTE SPECIAL would not be accessible as if the CONTENTS PANE was in focus even though it was not. 

Like I mentioned, everything seems to be working fine and I will chalk it up to me (the user) making the incorrect executions. 

Thank your for reciprocating and following up to my question.

0 Kudos