Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I set the layer id in Pro

Jump to solution
07-21-2020 10:00 AM
ShawnHolyoak2
New Contributor

In ArcMap, one could set the LayerId which would carry over into the web service when the mxd was published. As far as I can tell, that ability has been removed in Pro. Is there a way to specify the layerid for each layer in Pro? If not, why Esri? Why would you remove that functionality?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for posting on GeoNet! It sounds like you may be looking for the, "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers" setting. With this, you can optionally assign custom IDs to layers and tables in the map, and it is found in the Map Properties dialog box. For more information, please see our documentation here, specifically under "Preserve layer and table IDs": Introduction to sharing web layers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation. Hope it helps!

Vivien

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for posting on GeoNet! It sounds like you may be looking for the, "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for sharing web layers" setting. With this, you can optionally assign custom IDs to layers and tables in the map, and it is found in the Map Properties dialog box. For more information, please see our documentation here, specifically under "Preserve layer and table IDs": Introduction to sharing web layers—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation. Hope it helps!

Vivien

0 Kudos
ShawnHolyoak2
New Contributor

I had seen that prior to posting. What I missed was that it was on the Map Properties dialog, and THEN on each individual layer. For some reason seeing your response it became clear when it wasn't in the documentation. Thank you!

0 Kudos