ArcGIS Pro 2.3 random crashes

01-30-2019 06:57 AM
LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 crashes without warning usually during processes like changing windows etc.  No way to diagnose as no crash window comes up.

Tags (2)
52 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Deena:

I guess you have reverted back to Pro 2.2.4 at this time.  I have a follow-up question on your workflow for aprx files that you were working on and saved as Pro 2.3 version.  Were you able to open an aprx saved as Pro 2.3 in Pro 2.2.4 or did you need to either re-create the aprx or retrieve it from your org's backup system?

0 Kudos
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

Any success on reverting? I tried after uninstalling ArcGIS Pro 2.3, yet the 2.2 msi is now saying it 'completed the install' but the ArcGISPro.exe is not installed.

0 Kudos
JasonBritton1
Occasional Contributor

Did you have success going back to 2.2? 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Deena, do you have any .dmp files in the location referenced by Megan Rohrer‌ above?

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports.

If you do will you please send them to me at kkramer@esri.com ?

You can tell which are from Pro 2.3 in the filename:

0 Kudos
MalcolmMeyer2

What a productive afternoon. 

Adding a file to a map.

Feature dataset created in ArcGIS Desktop in WGS84 projection - multi-part polygon.

0 Kudos
ZacharyHart
Occasional Contributor III

I was attempting to save a project and the application crashed. I never really had this problem...not for several versions at least.

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Malcolm, 

Sorry that you experienced a crash.  I just tried adding a feature dataset in WGS84 with a multipart polygon in it to Pro and it didn't crash.  Is what you're experiencing consistent?  Do you have data that causes the crash to happen repeatedly?  

Any additional details/steps or data would be great so that we could pass it along to dev teams.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
MalcolmMeyer2

That’s really it. My initial ideas –

· Projection transformations – Are transformations global or unique to each map? How can I check on the transformation settings if global?

· Corrupt data

Tried creating a new Feature Dataset in WGS84 in Pro, same thing - See gif.

Also on first run after a computer restart ArcPro sometime immediately crashes, separate issue probably.

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Can you send me screenshots of the map properties Coordinate System and Transformation?

0 Kudos
MalcolmMeyer2

My working data is in FIPS 3402. I then export this to geojson with no transformation and the only way to do that using Feature to JSON in Pro is to first export it to WGS84 (with no transformation applied, I know I know…). In ArcMap no transformation is applied by default, so until I get all my data transformed properly, I do not want to apply a transformation. I have had trouble with this not applying transformations method to my data in past versions of Pro before, I think I setup a custom ‘no transformation’, but then I just stopped using Pro a few months back for this data so I’m not sure if this worked or not.

0 Kudos