ArcGIS Pro 2.3 random crashes

01-30-2019 06:57 AM
LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 crashes without warning usually during processes like changing windows etc.  No way to diagnose as no crash window comes up.

Tags (2)
52 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

For others on this thread, patch 1 was just released today and it does contain fixes for critical crashes.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-13060-arcgis-pro-23-patch-1 

ArianaToth
New Contributor III

I've been having this issue as well and installing Patch 1 has not fixed the problem. 

This problem has occurred with multiple project files created in 2.2. I don’t know that I’ve created any new projects in 2.3 yet. But there really isn’t any rhyme or reason to why it happens. Different projects, different data sets, sometimes I’m editing or geoprocessing, sometimes just trying to select a feature, modify a layout, or even load a project. Pro sometimes crashes before it even finishes loading my projects. But then I open them again and they work fine. I submit error reports most of the time when it asks me but I frequently do not get the option – it just doesn’t pop up. My email on those reports is [first initial last name] at giffelswebster dot com. 

--Ariana
0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I've had a few of these, one with a dump, many without. As they happen more frequently, I'm noticing that they appear related to when our Portal goes on strike and stops responding. If I have a project connected to the temper-tantrum portal, a crash is inevitable. What happens is Pro "stops responding", I go grab a beer, come back, and it's either closed completely, or generated a dump (once). Didn't see this in any 2.2 version.