ArcGIS Pro 2.3 random crashes

01-30-2019 06:57 AM
LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Pro 2.3 crashes without warning usually during processes like changing windows etc.  No way to diagnose as no crash window comes up.

Tags (2)
52 Replies
megan_r
Esri Contributor

Hello Leo,

Let's start by checking to see if any error reports were written on your machine as *.dmp files. These can typically be found at: C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports. If there are any crash reports here, feel free to attach them, as we may be able to extract some information from them. 

Report software errors—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Also, can you just verify that your machine meets the minimum requirements with the Can You Run It? tool for ArcGIS Pro2.3.

Best,

Megan

LeoLadefian5

No dmp files there, last one was on 1/7/2019

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian5

also, no dialog box appeared, the program just shut down without warning.

LeoLadefian5

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Leo, are you on a desktop or laptop? 

Can you check your graphics card driver and update if possible?

Are your Display settings set to DirectX or OpenGL?  If DirectX (which is the default) what happens if you switch to OpenGL?

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian5

laptop, quadro M2000M video card, OpenGL tends to give slower performance.

0 Kudos
DeenaBowman
Occasional Contributor

I had this happen several times - no dialog box, just the application closing.  I subsequently reinstalled 2.2.4.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Leo and Deena:

Did these crashes occur for aprxs that were created in a previous version of Pro?  Were the aprxs originally created by importing mxd files into the aprx? 

Did these crashes occur for new aprxs that were never opened in any other version than 2.3?

0 Kudos
DeenaBowman
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael,

I was using a project created in 2.2.4

0 Kudos