ArcGIS Pro 2.2 does not open projects after changes to Oracle client

01-09-2019 04:24 AM
TomGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

After uninstalling and reinstalling my Oracle instant client I cannot open projects any more.

I can create new projects, but as soon as they shall open - stuck.

The software gets stuck on the 'Opening Project' message and that is it. I thought it might be because of some favourites that link to Oracle databases.

Hence I went into the directory for the favourites, deleted the respective sde files and for the sake of doing it clean I also edited the 'Favorites.json'.

However, it did not help. Other software, such as R or FME does not have problem to use the Oracle instant client...

I went the Windows way, uninstalled ArcGIS Pro and installed it again (including patches). Still, no changes.

How do I get my software working again?

- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
kmsmikrud

Thanks George Thompson‌!,

If both the 32-bit client and 64-bit client will be installed locally I see there is note about the path variable.

If both ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Desktop are installed on the same Windows computer, set the PATH variable to read the 64-bit client before the 32-bit client. For example, if you installed a 32-bit Oracle Instant Client to c:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle and installed the 64-bit Oracle Instant Client to c:\Program Files\Oracle, add the following to the beginning of your PATH variable value on Windows: C:\Program Files\Oracle;C:\Program Files (x86)\Oracle;.

Am I interpreting the above correctly to add in the 64-bit client location in front of but on the same line as the 32-bit so it would just be the one path variable for both clients?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

That is correct, the 64-bit client first. You will have to restart the ArcGIS Server service after installation of the client in order for the software to pick up the change

--- George T.
0 Kudos
kmsmikrud

That is good info! Thanks so much.

0 Kudos