Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Pro 2.1 Patch 3 Is Available

05-22-2018 02:14 PM
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

ArcGIS Pro 2.1.3 is now available. 

This is a minor patch release on top of ArcGIS Pro 2.1. You can get more information about what is included in this release at http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/release-notes.htm

Now would also be a great time to take a minute to read up on how the major.minor.patch versioning scheme works in ArcGIS Pro if you're not already familiar.

8 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kory,

After updating to 2.1.3, I went to the ArcGIS API for Python page and can see that the latest release is 1.4.1.  I ran the conda update command:

conda upgrade -c esri --no-pin arcgis

from the python terminal window as administrator.  However, when I return to the Python Package Manger in Pro my Installed Packages for arcgis still shows version 1.2.5.  Has anyone else experienced this or does Pro consider the 1.4.1 API release a breaking change to the 2.1.3 patch release?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Adding Shaun Walbridge‌  Shaun, can you help with this?

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David,

When you ran the conda upgrade command, did it produce any output? What shows up when you type conda list, does that indicate the package is updated? The Pro 2.1 release shipped with a pinned version of the API which necessitates the special upgrade route needed, but it should work with that in place. If it doesn't, report back here and we can figure it out. At Pro 2.2, this workflow should be simpler.

Cheers,

Shaun

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

It did produce output indicating my Jupyter was updated.  I can see that the package is in place at:

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\pkgs\arcgis-1.4.1-py36h52c3b5e_1

but the conda list command indicates:

(arcgispro-py3) C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3>conda list
# packages in environment at C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3:
#
arcgis 1.2.5 py36_1 esri
arcgispro 2.1 0 esri

0 Kudos
ShaunWalbridge
Esri Regular Contributor

OK, thanks. The location at C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\pkgs is a staging area for packages, so it looks like it was successfully downloaded and extracted, but may not have installed properly. Could you try running

conda install --no-pin arcgis==1.4.1

And report what it outputs? That should explicitly tell it to install that version locally.

Thanks,
Shaun

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Shaun - that looks like it.  Here is the output:

(arcgispro-py3) C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3>conda install --no-pin arcgis==1.4.1
Fetching package metadata ...............
Solving package specifications: .
Package plan for installation in environment C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3:
The following packages will be UPDATED:
arcgis: 1.2.5-py36_1 esri --> 1.4.1-py36h52c3b5e_1 esri
 ipywidgets: 6.0.0-py36_0 --> 7.2.1-py36_0
 widgetsnbextension: 2.0.0-py36_0 --> 3.2.1-py36_0
Proceed (/n)? y

Copying: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\widgets\__pycache__\__init__.cpython-36.pyc.c~ -> C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\share\jupyter\nbextensions\arcgis\__pycache__\__init__.cpython-36.pyc.c~
- Validating: ok
To initialize this nbextension in the browser every time the notebook (or other app) loads:
jupyter nbextension enable arcgis --py --sys-prefix
Enabling notebook extension arcgis/mapview...
 - Validating: ok‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

After restarting Pro, the Package Manager shows version 1.4.1

Thanks for your help.

For those that are interested in the conda documentation (or became interested like I just did) you can find it here:

conda install — Conda documentation 

David

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

major.minor.patch versioning scheme link no longer works. 

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Tom, thank you for pointing out the broken link.  I updated it in the original post and putting it here as well.

Releases and patches—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos