ArcGIS Pro 2.1 Crashes Computer

01-24-2018 05:12 AM
JustinFuto1
New Contributor II

I upgraded to ArcGIS Pro 2.1 the day after it released and have experienced multiple unexpected crashes of my PC.  The majority of the time I was changing symbology of a feature class in SDE and all of the sudden Pro freezes and shows not responding then my entire computer freezes up.  After I forced my computer to shutdown I created a new project (thinking the project might be corrupted like how mxd's get corrupted) and began adding my feature classes back to the map.  I began changing the symbology and labeling features then my PC locks up again.  The other times it's done this has been adding a title to a layout and adding a legend.    Unfortunately, an error log was not generated for either of these instances because I had to do a force shutdown.  

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

System Information:

HP ProDesk 600 G3 MT

Intel Core i5 @ 3.4 GHz

16 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.125

I'll add that after upgrading to Pro 2.1 and experiencing all of the crashes I went back to 2.0 and I've experienced the same crash when modifying symbology, just not as frequently as I did when using Pro 2.1.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Justin Futo‌ it looks like you may be encountering a known issue. Someone posted this on your questions in this thread: https://community.esri.com/message/743363-re-arcgis-pro-crash-suspected-windows-update?commentID=743... 

BUG-000110910:  Pro for ArcGIS crashes when symbolizing SDE data

I would recommend getting a new case opened with https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support?sr=search&searchId=6318ae6d-5cee-463c-8559-2ab15...‌ and have them verify the issue and steps. Hope that helps!

--- George T.
0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Justin:

Does Pro 2.1 crash if you change the symbology of a feature class that is sourced from a file geodatabase instead of an SDE database?

0 Kudos
JustinFuto1
New Contributor II

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm using feature classes from a file geodatabase or an SDE database.  Also crashes when I'm adding a legend, text element, etc in the layout.

0 Kudos