ArcGIS Pro 2.1.2 Fail to open project error

06-01-2018 07:14 AM
JoeMabena1
New Contributor

Has there been any solution to this problem?

ArcGIS Pro Fail to open project error

8 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Here is another thread with a similar issue:

https://community.esri.com/message/768712-opening-the-selected-arcgis-project-failed-this-project-wa... 

Not sure it will provide a solution, but others are having similar issues.

MervynLotter
Occasional Contributor III

This is happening to a colleague of mine. The workaround is to use Windows

Explorer to browse to file and then double click to open.

We don't know why this is happening.

JoeMabena1
New Contributor

Thanks, I tried this and it worked. Tried to open the same file again but failed. Tried it again and it works now.

0 Kudos
AndrewMcHalpine
New Contributor II

I've just encountered this problem today, but the error message is slightly different

What's weird is that I was already using this project earlier today just fine, and everything saved fine. Double clicking from the file folder doesn't work for me

0 Kudos
JasmeetSingh1
New Contributor

Hello Andrew,

I am noticing " - " and spaces in the project location. I have a technical article which discusses the same problem, please try following this:

Error: Failed to save the current project. Error: ProjectService::SaveProjectAsync Failed 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same error "OpenProjectAsync Failed" and I have no spaces or special characters in the path.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

this hasn't happened on any new projects, but the one(s) where it does happen are basically toast.

luckily I exported layouts for the project to separate files and was able to rebuild. So now I keep updated copies of all Layouts and Maps in my project folders in case this happens again.

Save early, save often.

ElizabethBrumfield
New Contributor III

I'm getting this error ever since IT moved our network drive to a new location - I even built a new project in the new location and STILL get this error - I do not see anything still pointing to the old location. I have to browse to the aprx file in File Explorer and open it from there - very annoying!